Search site
Image icon - Apply

Report a Change Affecting Your Council Tax Support or Housing Benefits

A change in your circumstances can affect the amount of Housing Benefit and Local Council Tax Support you are entitled to.

It is important that you tell us about any changes in your circumstances immediately.

Security Notice:

Basildon Council may send you a text message requesting further information to support your claim. The sender ID will always appear as BasildonCNL. You will never be asked to respond to the text with information. We advise that all information is sent using our Contact Us Benefit Form where possible.

Have you changed address?

Please complete this form, Report Online - Benefits Change of Address.

Has someone moved in/out of your property?

Please complete this form see, Report Online - Benefits Change of Circumstances.

Have there been any changes in your income/capital/household?

We need to know what the change is, who (in your household) it relates to and the date of the change.  The types of changes you need to tell us about include the following:

  • A change in the income and capital of anyone living in your household, such as a pay rise or a pay cut.
  • A change in the number of people living in your home.
  • You or your partner has a child.
  • Your child leaves school.
  • Changes in your rent (Unless you are a council tenant)
  • Any other changes that might affect your entitlement to benefit, such as stopping or starting work.

Please complete this form, Report Online - Benefits Change of Circumstances.

You may be issued a penalty of up to £70 if you fail to report a change in your circumstances within one month of the change.

Have you started self employed work or a change in your self employed earnings

You must inform us if you have started self employed work or have had a change in your self employed earnings, see Report Online - Self Employed Earnings Form.

Reporting a death

We understand the difficulties relatives and friends experience and the amount there is to organise when someone close passes away. However, we should be informed as soon as possible if someone passes away.  
Please complete this form to notify us of the relevant details, Report Online - Notification of Deceased Person.

Alternatively, you can contact the Customer Service Centre on 01268 533333 who will be more than happy to help you.

Have you moved address due to fleeing violence?

Housing Benefit can be paid on two properties in some cases.  Please complete this form to apply for this, Report Online - Change of address due to fleeing violence.


Powered by GOSS iCM