Basildon Council's Digital Strategy outlines the plans to deliver digital transformation within the borough.
The aim of the strategy is to deliver digital transformation and a change in culture, creating capability and capacity within the Council. This strategy is not just about computers, it is about the people who live and work in the borough.
The strategy will be Simpler, Smarter and Safer.
Simple to use, Smarter and more intuitive systems that provide greater access for our customers. Services will be hosted on a more secure network which ensures your personal data is safe, providing greater security against cyber crime.
There are three defined outcomes that are described in the Council's Corporate Plan that are to be met as a part of delivering the Digital Transformation Strategy;
Projects in development include;
- Establish an internal and external digital skills training programme
- To deliver an internal digital skills training programme, with advanced levels of training included to create recognised digital champions across the Council who become ambassadors of the digital strategy.
- Identify opportunities to make the programme available to residents.
- Deliver an external training programme.
- Utilise our assets and collaborate with current and future partners
- To utilise the Council's assets to support learning opportunities for our residents through the use of facilities and events.
- To work with the Council's current partners and establish future partners to use their facilities and events to create learning opportunities for our residents.
- Establish opportunities to share technical resources with the Council's partners to create digital solutions in collaboration.
- The programme of work will adopt its own brand enabling all our partners to work under one banner and one mission statement.
- Utilise spatial data
- Utilise our spatial data to expose data sets on the Council's website.
- Empowering our Customers through creating a self serve opportunity.
- Review and Revamp the Council's website
- To deliver a new modern website that creates a personalised experience for our customers.
- Establish improvement for residents with updates of their reports to the council
- New online function to be created that enables residents to receive live updates of reports or services failures using their unique case reference.
- To look at opportunities of developing a Council Application
- To look at options to develop a Council service specific Application providing a completely personalised experience based on individuals requirements.
- Create a Social Media Strategy
- Create an internal social media strategy that incorporates identified best practices, with an aim to increase followers, likes and subscribers.
- A strategy that supports the Digital strategies outcomes, by providing further opportunities to interact with our customers.
- Mobilise the workforce using digital solutions
- To establish digital opportunities in which our workforce who work remotely (field agents) can generate business efficiencies and to increase service capacity.