Here are some of the benefits of improving your digital skills
For those that find themselves on this page as they have an interest but lack the motivation. Don't be disheartened... this is something we have identified when speaking to some of our customers who currently do not access services online.
We would like to highlight some of the benefits identified through analysis undertaken by the Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR) to help motivate you on a journey of learning.
By gaining new digitals skills, you will:
- Likely increase your earnings (earning between 3% and 10% more).
- Have a greater chance of securing employment.
- Have the skills and access to shop online you will receive on average a 13% discount on your bills.
- Improve your well-being. Being able to communicate with your friends and family and the community we live in is key to our well-being. Having the access and the skill to do so results in this activity happening more frequently (14% more for those with the access and skill to do so).
- Recover some of your precious time, if you have the required skills and confidence to access services online (this is estimated at 30 minutes per transaction).
Subject to your personal situation these benefits could have a significant impact on your life, your prosperity and wellbeing. They highlight the need to both gain and improve on your digital skills.
There are also some risks when you go online. The risks are mitigated if you have what are the recognised Essential Digital Skills, as you will understand how to safely participate in and contribute to the digital world.
Has this motivated you to start your own personal digital learning journey?