Basildon Council organises and participates in a number of regular local Landlord Forums which offer advice and support to the borough's private landlords.
Landlord Forums provide an ideal opportunity for private landlords and anyone interested in letting a property in the borough to:
- share their experiences
- meet with council officers from Housing Services, Environmental Health Services and the Housing Benefits Team
- learn about the role Basildon Council can play in support of the private rented sector
- hear guest speakers talk on a variety of relevant subjects with opportunities to ask questions and discuss issues affecting the borough's landlords
These forums also promote good practice by spreading awareness of landlord's legal obligations, increasing awareness of changes in legislation and allowing the Council to consult with landlords on new policies/ideas.
Forthcoming Landlord Forum meetings
National Residential Landlords Association & Basildon Borough Council Landlord Forum - 17 November 2022
The NRLA and Basildon Borough Council will together host a free private landlord forum on 17 November 2022. This will be an in person event at Pitsea Leisure Centre, 13 Northlands Pavement, Basildon, SS13 3DU.
The session will include discussion of the following topics to give practical advice and support to private landlords:
- Landlord legislation update
- Fire safety, your responsibilities
- House in Multiple in Multiple Occupation Licensing: Advice and Guidance for Landlords
- Property Solutions Scheme
Meet the experienced Private Rented Sector Team at Basildon Council who will advise you of the incentives available for all Landlords who join the Property Solutions Scheme, which includes free support, guidance, and advice throughout the length of the tenancy free of charge, plus much more.
Private landlords and interested parties are invited to attend this forum event.
To register to attend visit: Meeting Registration - NRLA & Basildon Council Landlord Forum - 17 November 2022
Further information and enquiries
Join our mailing list
If you would like to join our Landlords Forum mailing list and receive regular news and updates please get in touch, see contact details bottom of page.
- Eastern Landlords Association
- The National Landlords Association (NLA)
- GOV.UK - Evicting tenants (England, Wales and Northern Ireland)
- GOV.UK - Energy Performance Certificates
- Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO)
For further information and enquiries see contact details below.