Toggle menu

Planned maintenance of our systems on Friday 29 September may result in the temporary unavailability of this website or online forms. If you are affected by this, please try the site again later. We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.

All webpages and PDFs are produced in the United Kingdom and written in only English. The default human language is identified as en-GB. Further information can be found in the accessibility statement shown in the footer of each page:

Home Contents Insurance Application

Basildon Borough Council does not insure your furniture, belongings or decorations against theft, fire, vandalism and burst pipes and other household risks. You need to take out your own insurance. Under a special scheme arranged with Ageas Insurance Limited it's easy for you to protect your belongings.

  • You can arrange your insurance through the council's special scheme.
  • The scheme is open to all Basildon Borough Council tenants.
  • Premiums can be paid weekly alongside your rent.

When you take out this insurance your household goods and contents will be insured in your home. The insurance also covers replacement of external locks if your keys are lost or stolen and the contents of your freezer. There is also cover for personal liability, and cover for damage to your landlords fixtures and fittings which you may be legally responsible for under the terms of your tenancy agreement. You can view full details of this service before completing the application form.

Cover does not commence until your application has been received and accepted, a policy and certificate of insurance will be forwarded to you which will show the start date of cover.

Required information is marked with an *