Become an Apprentice
In today's competitive job market, young people face a number of pressures - increasing competition for university places, rising tuition costs and often, the need for work experience in order to be considered for a job, at a time when work experience is hard to come by
An apprenticeship can unlock future opportunities
For many, an apprenticeship can be the key to unlocking future opportunities. While undertaking an apprenticeship you will:
- Gain nationally recognised qualifications
- Gain valuable work experience
- Earn a salary
Apprenticeships are open to people in England who are aged 16 or over and not engaged in full-time education.
For young people aged 16-18 training costs are fully subsidised by the government.
For people aged 19-24 training costs are split between the Government and the employer. There are over 200 types of apprenticeships across a range of industry sectors.
For more information about apprenticeship opportunities
Basildon Council recognises the value of apprenticeships and has been offering a range of opportunities since October 2005, in areas such as Planning, Payroll, Procurement and Housing.
New apprenticeship vacancies often go out in April, check regularly for new vacancies and apprenticeship opportunities here Working for Basildon Council
Find more information and apprenticeship opportunities using the links to external providers below:
- Apprenticeship information at GOV.UK
- National Apprenticeship Service- for information and vacancies
- Essex apprentice on Facebook
- Essex County Council - Apprenticeships- apprenticeships, see factsheets and latest opportunities
- South Essex College- further education college located over three main sites in Basildon, Southend-on-Sea and Grays in Essex
- Itec - Learning Technologies- provide Apprenticeships and Courses in the Essex area
- LifeSkills- learning and training provider with over 10 years experience delivering award winning Apprenticeships and Foundation Learning courses nationwide
- JET Hairdressing Academy- the largest Hairdressing training provider in Essex, providing quality hairdressing and barbering training across Essex! Outstanding support provided
- Crown Vocational Training- specialise in Apprenticeships and Vocational Training for individuals and employers across the South East and Greater London
- USP College
- The Lightbulb- working in partnership with the Skills Funding Agency to deliver funded Apprenticeships