Domestic Abuse - South Essex Domestic Abuse Hub (SEDAH)
The South Essex Domestic Abuse Hub (SEDAH) is a place where you can come for help, advice and assistance. The hub includes a range of support services that you can access.
Please ring Monday-Friday 9am till 5pm for anyone who would like support and assistance to deal with domestic abuse.
Are you in fear of or experiencing domestic abuse?
South Essex Domestic Abuse Hub has drop-in centres in Basildon, Brentwood, Castle Point, Rochford, and Thurrock.
Each hub is staffed by a team who can offer support by giving:
- Help and advice to find safe accommodation
- Help to remain safe in your home
- Help to access legal advice and assistance
- Money and welfare advice
- Help to access therapeutic and outreach support services
How to get in touch
To get help from the South Essex Domestic Abuse Hub, please contact us:
- Phone: 01268 206798
- Lines are open Monday-Friday 9am to 5pm.
- If you are in immediate danger then please dial 999.
Recognising the signs of Domestic Abuse
The following behaviours are amongst the most common signs that domestic abuse is taking place. If you are regularly subjected to any of the following behaviours by a partner or another person in your household then you should consider seeking help and advice:
- Constant threats that make me feel scared
- Makes me feel bad
- Makes me feel guilty for my actions
- Makes me do things I do not want to do
- Falling out with family and close friends
- Hurts me physically
- Invades my privacy by looking at my phone, social media, web history's
- Constant calls, texts wanting to know where I am at all times
- Cheats on me or accuses me of cheating on them
- Steals from me or makes me buy them things
- Forces me to have sex with them.