Toggle menu

If you need to log an emergency repair to a council property, please call 0800 011 3241.

All webpages and PDFs are produced in the United Kingdom and written in only English. The default human language is identified as en-GB. Further information can be found in the accessibility statement shown in the footer of each page:

Recovery and Penalties - Council Tax

Receiving a Final Notice

How to set up a Special Payment Arrangement after receiving a Final Notice to pay your Council Tax bill.

If you have a Court Summons

What to do if you have received a court summons for non-payment of Council Tax.

Council tax and Housing Benefit Penalties

If receiving Council Tax support or Housing Benefits, failing to tell Basildon Council when your circumstances change can lead to a financial penalty.