Privacy Notice - Good Employer Charter
The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to explain how and for what purposes we process your personal data. It applies to personal data that is processed electronically and on paper.
Please read the following Privacy Notice carefully.
Why we are collecting your data
Basildon Borough Council needs to collect your personal data so that the Council can deliver The Good Employer Charter - an initiative that manages a network of Good Employers from right across the borough, that do business responsibly, and with the objective of enabling both employers and employees to benefit as the economy grows. Businesses can achieve accreditation to a Gold, Silver or Bronze levels, subject to meeting stipulated criteria.
- Business name
- Business address
- Lead contact name and contact details of nominated individual representing the business
- Lead contact telephone number
- Lead contact email address
- Web address for business
- Number of employees within the business
Why Do We Need This Data?
For a business to sign-up to the 'Good Employer Charter' they will need to provide evidence as to how they meet the stipulated criteria. For us to be able to identify who they are, and to assess their application, it is critical that we know who the business is, and have a dedicated contact point to enable assessment of the application to take place.
The data is collected through:
- Website - through the completion of an online form
The basis for the processing
- Consent: the individual has given clear consent for the Council to process their personal data for a specific purpose.
Who your information will be shared with
- Data gathered will be retained for the attention of the Economic Development Team only - specifically in regard to the Good Employer Charter.
Provide accurate information
We need to hold accurate and up to date information about you so that we can deliver appropriate services. If any of your details change, you need to tell us as soon as possible so that we can update your records.
We will not:
- Use your information for marketing or sales purposes without your prior explicit consent.
- Send or store your data abroad unless it meets the requirements of the Data Protection regulations
- Make decisions about you based on automated processing.
How long will we hold your data for?
- We will keep all records relating to the Good Employment Charter for 3 years.
You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you. Any access requests are free of charge.
If the information we hold about you is inaccurate, you have a right to have this corrected and you have the right to request completion of incomplete data.
You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data in certain circumstances ('right to be forgotten').
You have the right to ask us to stop or restrict the processing of your personal data, in certain circumstances. Where possible, we will seek to comply with your request, but we may need to hold or process information to comply with a legal requirement.
You can make any of these requests by:
- Email: Data Protection Officer
- Phone: 01268 533333
- Letter to:
The Data Protection Officer
Basildon Borough Council
St. Martin's Square,
If you are dissatisfied with how we have used your personal information, you can complain to the Information Commissioner's Office, by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745
- Letter to:
Information Commissioner's Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Further independent advice about data protection, privacy and data sharing issues is available from the Information Commissioner's Office, see: