Toggle menu

Our Wat Tyler Education site is currently under construction

If you were trying to access , this site is currently under construction. It will be re-launched in the coming weeks.

Privacy Notice - Countryside Education, client food and health requirement data

Please read the following Privacy Notice carefully.

The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to explain how and for what purposes we process your personal data. It applies to personal data that is processed electronically and on paper. 

Why we are collecting your data

Your data enables us to provide suitable food /activities for you/your child and to assess and manage potential allergy/medical risks for your safety and comfort.

Data collected is full name, food requirements (including allergy needs and notes on how to manage them) and medical requirements (including points on how to manage these.)

Basildon Borough Council needs to collect your personal data so that the Council can deliver activities and meals which are safe and appropriate for you/your child.

Information collected

  • Name and Contact Details

  • Health records/Dietary Information

The full name and health information are essential for matching food/activity provision to the correct person.

The data is collected through:

  • Food and medical requirement forms

  • Third Parties: One class teacher collates and passes on the form by email. The form is stored digitally and in paper form until the visit. The paper form is used on site and then destroyed 3 months after the visit.

The basis for the processing

This task is carried out because of:

  • Legal obligations; Food Safety Act 1990, Food Safety and hygiene regulations 2013, Duty of Care requirements.

  • Contract: the processing is necessary for the Council to provide the service that an individual and/or Business has purchased (e.g. contract), or because the Council has to take necessary steps before entering into a contract.

  • Vital interests: the processing is necessary to protect someone's life.

Who your information will be shared with

  • Team members of the Education Team with the responsibility to provide an appropriate activity or catering service.

  • Health and Safety department only in a case of an incident, accident or specific risk assessment if necessary.  (Covered by HS privacy notices?)

  • We have arrangements with a range of IT providers who support the Council's IT systems and services, therefore your data may be accessed by these suppliers. Where we have these arrangements there is always a contractual agreement with them to ensure they comply with the Data Protection Law.

We will never sell your data, however it will be shared with third parties to:

  • To help if there is need of any professional or legal advice on a matter relating to you

  • To help prevent fraud and/or tackle crime

  • Help business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors to deliver any contract we enter with them or you

  • Comply with legal obligations and legislative requirements

Provide accurate information

We need to hold accurate and up to date information about you so that we can deliver appropriate services. If any of your details change, you need to tell us as soon as possible so that we can update your records.

We will not:

  • Use your information for marketing or sales purposes without your prior explicit consent.

  • Send or store your data abroad unless it meets the requirements of the Data Protection regulations

  • Make decisions about you based on automated processing.

How long will we hold your data for?

We will keep all food requirement forms for 3 months

Your rights

You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you.  Any access requests are free of charge.
If the information we hold about you is inaccurate, you have a right to have this corrected and you have the right to request completion of incomplete data.
You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data in certain circumstances ('right to be forgotten').

You have the right to ask us to stop or restrict the processing of your personal data, in certain circumstances.  Where possible, we will seek to comply with your request, but we may need to hold or process information to comply with a legal requirement.

You can make any of these requests by:

The Data Protection Officer
Basildon Borough Council
Basildon Centre,
St. Martin's Square,
SS14 1DL.

If you are dissatisfied with how we have used your personal information, you can complain to the Information Commissioner's Office, by:

Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House
Water Lane
Cheshire SK9 5AF

Further independent advice about data protection, privacy and data sharing issues is available from the Information Commissioner's Office, see: