Privacy Notice - Community Hub
The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to explain how and for what purposes we process your personal data. It applies to personal data that is processed electronically and on paper.
Please read the following Privacy Notice carefully.
Why we are collecting your data
Basildon Borough Council needs to collect your personal data so that the Council can deliver assistance with support to access food or supermarket priority slots, and to discuss and provide you with details of volunteer services that you may require to facilitate provision of food.
- Name, Address, Contact Telephone, Contact Email
These details are needed in order to be able to contact you by return and make arrangements regarding food collection or delivery including access to supermarket delivery slots or volunteer services able to assist with food delivery. These details are required in order that we can with your permission, provide these details to Defra for the purposes of onward distribution to either Tesco or Iceland supermarkets as part of the process to facilitate access to priority shopping slots
The data is collected through:
- An online application form
The basis for the processing
- Legal Obligation - The Coronavirus Act 2020
- Vital interests - the processing is necessary to protect someone's life
Who your information will be shared with
- We have arrangements with a range of IT providers who support the Council's IT systems and services, therefore your data may be accessed by these suppliers. Where we have these arrangements there is always a contractual agreement with them to ensure they comply with the Data Protection Law.
- Basildon Council Customer Services Centre
- Basildon Council Revenues and Benefits - Visiting Officers and Community Engagement Team
We will never sell your data, however it will be shared with third parties to:
- Comply with legal obligations and legislative requirements
- Help business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors to deliver any contract we enter with them or you
- To help if there is need of any professional or legal advice on a matter relating to you
- To help prevent fraud and/or tackle crime
- To improve and optimise the performance of our services
Provide accurate information
We need to hold accurate and up to date information about you so that we can deliver appropriate services. If any of your details change, you need to tell us as soon as possible so that we can update your records.
We will not:
- Use your information for marketing or sales purposes without your prior explicit consent.
- Send or store your data abroad unless it meets the requirements of the Data Protection regulations
- Make decisions about you based on automated processing.
How long will we hold your data for?
- We will keep all records relating to Customer Services / Revenues & Benefits for 1 year commencing on the submission date of the online application form.
You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you. Any access requests are free of charge.
If the information we hold about you is inaccurate, you have a right to have this corrected and you have the right to request completion of incomplete data.
You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data in certain circumstances ('right to be forgotten').
You have the right to ask us to stop or restrict the processing of your personal data, in certain circumstances. Where possible, we will seek to comply with your request, but we may need to hold or process information to comply with a legal requirement.
You can make any of these requests by:
- Email: Data Protection Officer
- Phone: 01268 533333
- Letter to:
The Data Protection Officer
Basildon Borough Council
St. Martin's Square,
If you are dissatisfied with how we have used your personal information, you can complain to the Information Commissioner's Office, by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745
- Letter to:
Information Commissioner's Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Further independent advice about data protection, privacy and data sharing issues is available from the Information Commissioner's Office, see: