Privacy Notice - Backside to Trackside sign up
The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to explain how and for what purposes we process your personal data. It applies to personal data that is processed electronically and on paper.
Please read the following Privacy Notice carefully.
Why we are collecting your data
Basildon Borough Council needs to collect your personal data so that the Council can deliver the Backside to Trackside fitness programme scheduled to be delivered from 18 May 2021 to 17 July 2021 (registration from 19 April 2021 until 10 May 2021)
- Post code
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Contact number
- Emergency Contact Name
- Emergency Phone Number
This is as part of participants registration on to the Backside to Trackside Fitness programme. We will be collecting contact details in order to contact participants via emails about joining the programme and booking weekly sessions.
We will use a contact phone number to send reminder texts about booking sessions. We need a home postcode or the postcode of your employer to identify that participants either live or work in Basildon. Date of birth will help us to identify the age groups we are supporting in the programme. We need the emergency contact name and phone number because it is an exercise programme and in case of an emergency.
The data is collected through:
- Online form on the Basildon Council website
The basis for the processing
For Personal Data (any information related to a natural person or 'Data Subject' that can be used to directly or indirectly identify the person. For example an email address, telephone number or IP address (when linked with an identifier):
- Consent: the individual has given clear consent for the Council to process their personal data for a specific purpose.
Who your information will be shared with
- Basildon Council Community Development Department Officers
- Basildon Council Communications Department Officers
- We have arrangements with a range of IT providers who support the Council's IT systems and services, therefore your data may be accessed by these suppliers. Where we have these arrangements there is always a contractual agreement with them to ensure they comply with the Data Protection Law.
We will never sell your data, however it will be shared with third parties to:
- Comply with legal obligations and legislative requirements
- Help business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors to deliver any contract we enter with them or you
- To help if there is need of any professional or legal advice on a matter relating to you
- To help prevent fraud and/or tackle crime
- To improve and optimise the performance of our services
Provide accurate information
We need to hold accurate and up to date information about you so that we can deliver appropriate services. If any of your details change, you need to tell us as soon as possible so that we can update your records.
We will not:
- Use your information for marketing or sales purposes without your prior explicit consent.
- Send or store your data abroad unless it meets the requirements of the Data Protection regulations
- Make decisions about you based on automated processing
How long will we hold your data for?
We will keep all records relating to Backside to Trackside fitness programme for 6 months from the end of the Backside to Trackside Programme on 17 July 2021.
You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you. Any access requests are free of charge.
If the information we hold about you is inaccurate, you have a right to have this corrected and you have the right to request completion of incomplete data.
You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data in certain circumstances ('right to be forgotten').
You have the right to ask us to stop or restrict the processing of your personal data, in certain circumstances. Where possible, we will seek to comply with your request, but we may need to hold or process information to comply with a legal requirement.
You can make any of these requests by:
- Email: Data Protection Officer
- Phone: 01268 533333
- Letter to:
The Data Protection Officer
Basildon Borough Council
St. Martin's Square,
If you are dissatisfied with how we have used your personal information, you can complain to the Information Commissioner's Office, by:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745
- Letter to:
Information Commissioner's Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Further independent advice about data protection, privacy and data sharing issues is available from the Information Commissioner's Office, see: