Charity Relief Review - Business Rates
Basildon Council regularly undertakes a review of all Mandatory and/or Discretionary Business Rates Relief made to charitable organisations.
If our records show that you are a charitable organisation receiving Mandatory and/or Discretionary Business Rates Relief then you will receive a letter asking you to complete a revised application form for Mandatory and/or Discretionary Business Rates Relief.
You can complete the review online. See: Apply online for Mandatory / Discretionary Rate Relief for Charitable and other Non-profit Making Organisations
IMPORTANT: The above form should only be completed if you have received a Business Rates Charity Relief review letter form Basildon Council
Supporting documents you will be expected to provide
- A charity registration certificate from the charity commissioners
- A Community Amateur Sports Club certificate or academy documentation
- A copy of the audited accounts and balance sheet for the last two years
- Any other information, which you wish to submit in support of your application, for example: copies of your constitution or rules of the organisation.
Copies of the above documents can be sent to us;
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post, enclosed with your written application, to:
Basildon Borough Council
Non-Domestic Rates Section
Basildon Centre, St Martins Square