In the news: Basildon Borough Bus coming soon to support local communities
The Borough Bus will begin touring from Tuesday 4 April to provide drop-in council services and additional support in local communities. The bus will be available every two weeks, at a range of venues across the borough.
The bus will stop in the heart of local communities, providing a warm space and a friendly face for those wanting to access council services close to their home.
Councillor Terri Sargent, Cabinet Member for Communities said "The Basildon Borough Bus is a fantastic opportunity to reach more of the borough, bringing services to residents who may not be able to visit council locations, in local and convenient places.
"Council officers will be on hand to provide advice and support, covering a wide range of services and we hope as many residents as possible make use of this service."
The bus will be available on the following dates/times. More venues will be added in due course.
- Tuesday 4 April 2023 from 10am to 4pm - Laindon Community Centre
- Tuesday 18 April 2023 from 10am to 4pm - Wickford Main Car Park, High Street
- Tuesday 2 May 2023 from 10am to 4pm - Noak Bridge Village Hall
- Tuesday 16 May 2023 from 10am to 4pm - Billericay Main Car Park, High Street
- Tuesday 30 May 2023 from 10am to 4pm - The Wick Community Centre
- Wednesday 14 June 2023 from 10am to 4pm - Rectory Park Drive Car Park, Pitsea (The Range, Aldi & Market)
Published 23 March 2023