Activities and places to go
Community groups and local facilities offering warm spaces and free or low-cost activities.
BBWCVS - Warm space with additional support for asylum seekers and refugees, supported fortnightly by British Red Cross.
- Wednesdays: Happy Hub, Unit 11, Eastgate Shopping Centre, SS14 1AE - 10am to 2pm.
Human Kind - Weekly community sessions offering warm and friendly welcome to all members of the community for group activities, quizzes, games and arts and crafts. No pressure to join in.
- Wednesdays: Reading Rooms, 73 High Street, Billericay, CM12 9AS - 10am to 12pm.
Craig Tyler Trust - Different themed sessions, focusing on supporting individuals with their mental health and open to anyone to pop in for a cuppa and chat.
- Saturdays: The Place, Northlands Pavement, Pitsea, SS13 3DU - 12pm to 3pm.
St John's Church - Everyone is welcome to enjoy free homemade soup and rolls, refreshments and other warm snacks at this Parish Community Warm Hub.
- Saturdays (from 10 December): St John's Church, Forest Glade, Langdon Hills, SS16 6RX - 12pm to 4pm (including Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve)
Motivated Minds - Happy Hub Communi-Tea Cafe and lounge offers a safe place to enjoy refreshments with the opportunity to connect with the community.
Trust Links - Greening Basildon & Growing together projects provide therapeutic gardening and other activities offering valuable mental health and wellbeing support to adults
Home Instead - Activity sessions for people living with dementia and those who care for them. A welcoming social gathering with tailored activities.
- Basildon Library, The Basildon centre, St Martins Square, Basildon, SS14 1EE. Last Thursday of every month between 11am and 12pm.
Parkplay - Free physical activity sessions for everyone.
- Saturdays between 10am and 11pm.
George Hurd Activity Centre - service for the over 50s that increasingly focuses on the promotion of well-being and independence.
£52 per household plus £4 Committee Fee for Basildon Residents
£52 per household plus £6 Committee Fee for Residents outside The Borough
- George Hurd Activity Centre, Audley Way, Basildon, SS14 2FL - Monday to Friday between 9am and 4.30pm.
Laindon Activity Centre - Service for the over 50s that increasingly focuses on the promotion of well-being and independence.
£10 for Basildon Residents
£15 for residents outside The Borough
- The Laindon Activity Centre, Laindon Community Centre, Aston Road, Laindon, SS15 6NX. Monday to Friday between 9am and 4.30pm.
Pitsea Activity Centre - service for the over 50s that increasingly focuses on the promotion of well-being and independence.
£15 for Basildon residents
£25 for Basildon Couples
£20 for Residents outside The Borough
£35 for Couples outside The Borough
- The Pitsea Activity Centre, The Place, Northlands Pavement, Pitsea, SS13 3DU - Monday to Friday between 9am and 4.30pm.
Basildon Sporting Village Community Café - an opportunity to meet Everyone Active and learn more about the services they provide.
- Mondays between 10.30am and 11.30am