Toggle menu

Our Wat Tyler Education site is currently under construction

If you were trying to access , this site is currently under construction. It will be re-launched in the coming weeks.

Privacy Notice - Chalk End Play Area Consultation

Please read the following Privacy Notice carefully.

Why we are collecting your data

Basildon Borough Council needs to collect your personal data in line with the council's promise outlined within our corporate plan that we will listen to and work with our communities when making decisions, developing policies and designing services.

Basildon Borough Council wants to use information and feedback provided by customers to inform the future provision of play in Chalk End.

The information collected will be used to understand community aspirations and to improve future service provision.

To ascertain whether respondents live locally to the relevant play area.

Information collected

  • Address and postcode

  • Web data (e.g. location data, IP address, cookies)

The data is collected through:

  • Online survey

  • In person questionnaires

The basis for the processing

  • Consent: you have given us consent for the council to process your personal data for a specific purpose

Who your information will be shared with

  • Other departments within Basildon Council e.g. Resident Involvement.

We have arrangements with a range of IT providers who support the council's IT systems and services, therefore your data may be accessed by these suppliers. Where we have these arrangements there is always a contractual agreement with them to ensure they comply with the Data Protection Law.

We will never sell your data, however it will be shared with third parties to:

  • Comply with legal obligations and legislative requirements

  • Help business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors to deliver any contract we enter with them or you

  • To help if there is need of any professional or legal advice on a matter relating to you

  • To help prevent fraud and/or tackle crime

  • To improve and optimise the performance of our services

Provide accurate information

We need to hold accurate and up to date information about you so that we can deliver appropriate services. If any of your details change, you need to tell us as soon as possible so that we can update your records.

We will not:

  • Use your information for marketing or sales purposes without your prior explicit consent

  • Send or store your data abroad unless it meets the requirements of the Data Protection regulations

  • Make decisions about you based on automated processing

How long will you hold the data for?

We will keep all records relating to the play area consultations for a maximum of one year following the end of the consultation.

The council has the right to continue to hold anonymised data as there will be no way of identifying individuals' personal information from the analysis created using the results of the survey being submitted by a customer. Address details and any information provided that may identify an individual will be removed. 

Any analysis conducted following submitted responses that includes personal data is to be deleted after one year of creation / publication.

Your rights

You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you.  Any access requests are free of charge.
If the information we hold about you is inaccurate, you have a right to have this corrected and you have the right to request completion of incomplete data.

You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data in certain circumstances ('right to be forgotten').

You have the right to ask us to stop or restrict the processing of your personal data, in certain circumstances.  Where possible, we will seek to comply with your request, but we may need to hold or process information to comply with a legal requirement.

You can make any of these requests by:

The Data Protection Officer
Basildon Borough Council
Basildon Centre,
St. Martin's Square,
SS14 1DL.

If you are dissatisfied with how we have used your personal information, you can complain to the Information Commissioner's Office, by:

Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House
Water Lane
Cheshire SK9 5AF

Further independent advice about data protection, privacy and data sharing issues is available from the Information Commissioner's Office, see: