Toggle menu

If you need to log an emergency repair to a council property, please call 0800 011 3241.

All webpages and PDFs are produced in the United Kingdom and written in only English. The default human language is identified as en-GB. Further information can be found in the accessibility statement shown in the footer of each page:

Leaving Prison

If you have been released from prison and are now homeless, or if you are due to be released from prison and facing the threat of becoming homeless, then you may want to seek advice and support from our Housing Solutions service.

How we can help

We will help to identify your support needs and work to relieve your homelessness. A Single Homelessness Advisor will provide you with a personal housing plan, which will identify actions that need to be carried out by yourself and your officer. This may include engaging with organisations that assist ex-offenders and looking for suitable private rented accommodation.

Help finding accommodation

We will look into supporting you into the private rented sector through our Rent Start scheme, which can help provide rent in advance and a deposit bond.

What to bring to your housing solutions appointment

We will need to determine if you are eligible for assistance. If you are offered an appointment you must bring with you:

  • A valid passport
  • A full birth certificate
  • or valid immigration documents

Also, you will need to provide a risk assessment from your probation officer if you have one.