Toggle menu

Register As a Student Voter

If you are a student you have a choice about where you are registered to vote.

If you are a student, you may be able to register to vote at both your home and term-time addresses.

If you are not sure if you are already registered contact your local electoral registration office.

In local elections students can vote twice - at home and at university

If your home and university addresses are in two different local authority areas, you can vote in local elections in both areas.

However, even if you are registered in two areas - at home and at university - you can only vote in one at a general election.

It is a criminal offence to vote twice in a UK general election.

To find out more about student voter registration visit: Electoral Commission - Student Voters 

Register to vote online

For guidance on the registering to vote online process see:

Further information and enquiries

  • For further information and enquiries please contact the Electoral Services Team.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email