Toggle menu

If you need to log an emergency repair to a council property, please call 0800 011 3241.

All webpages and PDFs are produced in the United Kingdom and written in only English. The default human language is identified as en-GB. Further information can be found in the accessibility statement shown in the footer of each page:

Report loose or stray animals

Report loose or stray dogs

Contact Basildon Council:

  • to report seeing a stray dog within the boundaries of Basildon Borough
  • if you have taken possession of a stray dog anywhere within the boundaries of Basildon Borough.

For contact details see, Advice for finders of lost or stray dogs.

Report loose or stray animals likely to cause a hazard (excluding dogs)

Contact Essex Police to report loose or stray animals causing a hazard, this includes:

  • Any loose or stray animal whose presence on a public highway could lead to a road traffic accident, e.g. horses, cows, sheep etc.
  • Any loose or stray animal whose presence in a public area is likely to cause a danger or threat to the general public.

For contact details see, Essex Police.