Inclusion and Diversity - Engaging with the Community
Building a shared sense of place and belonging in an inclusive environment.
Our involvement with the following two community forums, both set up and organised by Basildon Council, is an essential way for us to continuously engage with the local community. Community forums provide a great opportunity for members of the local community to voice their opinions and ask questions.
- Basildon Community Diversity Council
The role of Basildon Community Diversity Council is to act as a community scrutiny panel for Basildon Council's policies, practices and service provision. Act as a consultative mechanism for the council and work on areas of commonality, across equalities characteristics and promote policy/service development and look at the local applicability of examples of best practice in the fields of diversity, inclusion and community cohesion. For further information and enquiries regarding Basildon Community Diversity Council, see contact details at bottom of this page.
- Basildon Disability Forum
a pan Disability Equality Forum covering Basildon Borough in Essex on matters of mental health,physical health, sensory and learning disabilities and more. For further information and enquiries regarding Basildon Disability Forum, see Basildon Disability Forum.
Basildon Council maintains ongoing links with each of the follow groups:...
- Albert Kennedy Trust- helps young lesbian,gay, bisexual and transgender people who are homeless or living in a hostile environment.
- Men's Advice Line- A confidential helpline for men experiencing domestic violence from a partner or ex-partner (or from other family members).
- Outhouse East- registered charity based in Colchester town centre, provides opportunities for LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) people in Essex.
- Transpire- Transgender social and support network for Southend-on-Sea, Basildon and surrounding areas.
- TransLiving International- Friendship, support and advice for the Transgender community.