Registration of Skin Piercing Practices
It is a legal requirement that all persons carrying out any of these activities within the Basildon Borough must have a Certificate of Registration issued by Basildon Borough Council.
The term 'Skin Piercing Practices' covers procedures that involve a needle breaking the skin, i.e.
- Semi-permanent skin colouring (includes micro-blading)
- Cosmetic piercing (includes earrings, studs, rings etc.)
It is a legal requirement that any skin piercing practitioner operating from a premises within Basildon Borough must have a Certificate of Registration issued by Basildon Council.
Registrations issued by Basildon Council identify a named person undertaking one or more skin piercing practices at specific premises.
The process of registration
The process of registration is straightforward and involves the following:
- Processing of application and relevant fee
- A site visit (by appointment) to inspect facilities and discuss practices and procedures
- NB. The visit will be based on a series of inspection questions (see related downloads section)
- Confirmation (in writing) of necessary work to be undertaken
- Revisit to confirm all necessary work has been completed
- Issuing of a certificate with unique reference number
Applying for Registration
You can apply and pay for personal treatment registration online, through the GOV.UK website:
- Apply Online - Change to a Personal Treatment Registration
- Apply Online - Personal Treatment Registration
Alternatively you can download an application form (see Related Downloads section) which can be printed and returned to us at the postal address below.
The correct fee must accompany your application. For current fees see the following fees and charges document:
Online applications will be acknowledged by email. Provided your application is properly made, we will aim to process it within 30 working days. If this is not possible, we will inform you and provide an explanation of the reason.
If your application is refused and you wish to appeal please contact us in the first instance.
Tacit consent does not apply to this application because it is considered to be in the public interest for the local authority to process your application before it is granted. If you have not received a response by the end of the target completion period please contact us.
If you require any further information or have a complaint about this process please contact us.