Toggle menu

If you need to log an emergency repair to a council property, please call 0800 011 3241.

All webpages and PDFs are produced in the United Kingdom and written in only English. The default human language is identified as en-GB. Further information can be found in the accessibility statement shown in the footer of each page:

Health and Safety - Advice Items

Registration forms

Businesses are not generally required to register for health and safety purposes.

However, if you work with hazardous substances, such as asbestos or explosives, or in a hazardous industry, such as construction or diving, you may need to apply for a licence or notify HSE or your local authority. Please see Health and Safety Executive Website for further information.

To apply for cooling tower and evaporative condenser registration please see Basildon Councils Public health - Cooling Tower Notification  web page.

Food businesses must register with the local Environmental Health department.

Health and Safety Advice

The following links provide access to helpful advice on a range of issues.

Further advice is available from Health and Safety Executive.