Health and Safety - Advice Items
Businesses are not generally required to register for health and safety purposes.
However, if you work with hazardous substances, such as asbestos or explosives, or in a hazardous industry, such as construction or diving, you may need to apply for a licence or notify HSE or your local authority. Please see Health and Safety Executive Website for further information.
To apply for cooling tower and evaporative condenser registration please see Basildon Councils Public health - Cooling Tower Notification web page.
Food businesses must register with the local Environmental Health department.
Health and Safety Advice
The following links provide access to helpful advice on a range of issues.
- HSE - Asbestos
- Bouncy Castle Safety Advice for Hirers
- Bouncy Castle Safety Advice for Suppliers
- Electrical Safety
- Employers Safety Policies
- Hazardous Substances
- Legionnaires Disease
- Lift Truck Driver Training
- Management of Health and Safety - Risk Assessment
- Manual Lifting and Handling at Work
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Rest Breaks at Work
- Self Employed - Health and Safety Guidance
- Slips, Trips and Falls
- VDU and Display Screens
- Violence Towards Staff
- Work Equipment Safety
- Working Hours
- Working Temperatures
- Workplace Safety
- Workplace Transport
Further advice is available from Health and Safety Executive.