Coronation of King Charles III
Celebrations will take place later this year for the Coronation of His Majesty The King and Her Majesty The Queen Consort with a three day bank-holiday weekend from Saturday 6 May to Monday 8 May 2023.
Coronation Big Lunch
The Coronation Big Lunch, at which neighbours and communities are invited to share food and fun together, will take place across the country on Sunday 7 May 2023.
A Big Coronation lunch can be anything from a small gathering in a garden, or driveway, to a larger party with trestle tables down the middle of your street. You can share food, have fun, and get to know your local community a little better.
We would also like to highlight guidance on Street Meets, which offer an even easier way to bring neighbours together.
The Big Help Out
You are invited to take part in The Big Help Out on Monday 8 May 2023 as part of the King's Coronation celebrations.
It's an opportunity to encourage people to get involved in their community, try volunteering for themselves and join the work being undertaken to support their local areas.
If you have a volunteering opportunity you would like to advertise as part of The Big Help Out, please register your opportunity here Basildon, Billericay and Wickford Volunteer Network - register an opportunity.
If you would like to find out what volunteering opportunities are available as part of the Big Help Out and beyond, you can view these opportunities here The Big Help Out - 8th May - BBW Volunteer Network.
- Friday 5 May - Women Together's Coronation Party & Afternoon Tea taking place at the Towngate Theatre from 11am to 3pm.
- Friday 5 May - Signpost (The Advice Store based charity) Coronation Tea party for members of its Speaking Club taking place at The Advice Store from 2pm to 4pm.
- Saturday 6 May - BOSP's Coronation Fun Day taking place at BOSP Skills for Life Centre at Wat Tyler Country Park from 10am to 3pm.
- Saturday 6 May - Laindon Community Centre Coronation event taking place at Laindon Community centre from 1pm to 5pm.
- Saturday 6 May - ParkPlay Coronation themed games for the whole community taking place at the following locations: Gloucester Park (Basildon), Markhams Chase (Laindon), Vange (Basildon), Eversley (Basildon), Mopsies (Basildon) and Northlands (Basildon) from 10am to 11am.
- Sunday 7 May - Basildon Side by Side & Hope for African Communities Coronation event taking place at the Nobel Room in Wat Tyler Country Park from 12pm to 4pm.
- Sunday 7 May - The Paddocks Community Centre Coronation event taking place at The Paddocks, Pound Lane in Laindon from 2pm to 6pm.
- Sunday 7 May - Chalvedon Community Centre Coronation event taking place at Chalvedon Community Centre, Pitsea from 1pm to 5pm.
- Monday 8 May - Great Burstead and South Green Village Council Coronation Fun Day taking place on at Village Green, South Green from 12pm to 4pm.
- Monday 8 May - Bowers Gifford & North Benfleet Parish Council Coronation Picnic-In-The-Park event taking place at Westlake Park, Pound Lane, Bowers Gifford (behind Wilton's pet shop) from 12:30pm to 4pm.
Big Help Out
- Noak Bridge Parish Council littler pick. Participants are encouraged to meet at the village hall at 10:30am.
- Laindon Wombles littler pick. Participants are encouraged to meet at KFC on Laindon High Road at 10:30am. Participants are to park in the KFC car park and inform staff of their registration number to avoid the risk of receiving a parking fine.
- Bowers Gifford & North Benfleet Parish Council Big Help Out in conjunction with their Coronation Picnic-In-The-Park event taking place at Westlake Park, Pound Lane, Bowers Gifford (behind Wilton's pet shop) from 12:30pm to 4pm. Participants interested in volunteering are encouraged to contact Chris Barlow the Parish Council Clerk on 0775255621 or email: email@example.com.
- Friends of Great Berry - planting in Friends of Great Berry's new sensory garden - 10am, Great Berry Open Space, Nightingales, Langdon Hills, Essex, SS16 6SA
- The Friends of Lake Meadows are holding a small informal 1-hour spring clean-up of the park on Monday 8th May. Meet at the Information Hut, near the café at 10:30am with your marigolds and a bucket! Children with parents or carers welcome. If heavy rain event will be cancelled.