Privacy Notice - Housing Strategy 2023-28 Consultation
The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to explain how and for what purposes we process your personal data. It applies to personal data that is processed electronically and on paper.
Please read the following Privacy Notice carefully.
Why we are collecting your data?
The Housing Strategy sets out how the council, along with its partners, will respond to the housing challenges faced by the borough to provide good quality housing related options and services.
We are currently developing our Housing Strategy for the next five years and the council welcomes your views and will use the information you provide to further understand:
- which priorities you feel are most important
- the housing issues that matter most to you
- any other comments you may have regarding the draft Housing Strategy.
A summary of the findings from this consultation will be reported to Place Scrutiny and Cabinet.
Basildon Borough Council needs to collect your personal data so that the Council can deliver the 2023-28 Housing Strategy
- Name and e-mail contact details (prize draw only)
This data is collected to help provide further understanding of local views which provides additional intelligence to identify how/where/to whom we target our activity. The name and e-mail contact details are collected for the prize draw only and is optional information.
The data is collected through:
An online questionnaire which can be completed using the following contact channels.
- Councils' website
Telephone via the Customer Resolution Centre
The basis for the processing
Consent: the individual has given clear consent for the Council to process their personal data for a specific purpose.
Explicit consent: the individual has given explicit consent for the Council to process their personal data for a specific purpose
Who your information will be shared with
- It will be used for research and data analysis within the Policy and Insights Team. Analysis results will be shared within the council and in public documents but will contain no identifiable information
We will never sell your data. However, we may share some of your personal information with third parties to:
- Comply with legal obligations and legislative requirements.
- Help business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors to deliver any contract we enter with them or you
- To help if there is need of any professional or legal advice on a matter relating to you.
- To help prevent fraud and/or tackle crime.
- To improve and optimise the performance of our services.
Providing accurate information
We need to hold accurate and up to date information about you so that we can deliver appropriate services. If any of your details change, you need to tell us as soon as possible so that we can update your records.
We will not:
- Use your information for marketing or sales purposes without your prior explicit consent.
- Send or store your data abroad unless it meets the requirements of the Data Protection regulations
- Make decisions about you based on automated processing
How long will we hold your data for?
We will keep all submitted customer surveys / forms which relate to this survey for a maximum of 1 year from 27 February 2023. The council has the right to continue to hold anonymised data as there will be no way of identifying individuals' personal information from the analysis created using the results of a customer survey / form being submitted by a customer. This analysis will be deleted as per the Council's general retention policy.
Any analysis conducted following residents submitting their response, that includes personal data is to be deleted after one year of creation / publication.
You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you. Any access requests are free of charge. If the information we hold about you is inaccurate, you have a right to have this corrected and you have the right to request completion of incomplete
data. You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data in certain circumstances ('right to be forgotten').
You have the right to ask us to stop or restrict the processing of your personal data, in certain circumstances. Where possible, we will seek to comply with your request, but we may need to hold or process information to comply with a legal requirement.
You can make any of these requests by:
- Email: Data Protection Officer
- Phone: 01268 533333
- Letter to:
Basildon Borough Council
St. Martin's Square,
If you are dissatisfied with how we have used your personal information, you can complain to the Information Commissioner's Office, by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745
- Letter to:
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Further independent advice about data protection, privacy and data sharing issues is available from the Information Commissioner's Office, see: