Search site
Image icon - Report it

Report problems on Roads, pavements and footpaths

The Highways Agency is responsible for trunk roads and motorways. Essex County Council is responsible for roads in Basildon Borough, except for a very few roads owned by Basildon Council.

Highways Agency - trunk roads and motorways

The Highways Agency has responsibility for trunk roads and motorways.

To report problems on trunk roads and motorways

To report problems on trunk roads and motorways, please call 0300 123 5000

Essex County Council highways, roads, pavements and footpaths

With few exceptions all transportation and highway services in the Basildon Borough are managed by Essex County Council's Highways and Transportation Service which is responsible for:

  • Public roads, pavements, footways, footpaths, cycleways and public rights of way
  • Highway retaining walls and walls providing a safety barrier
  • Street lighting maintenance and improvements  
  • Gritting roads and snow clearance
  • Permits to plant on highway land
  • Vehicle crossings
  • Investigating insurance claims
  • Issue of builder's skip licences
  • Road safety
  • Private development and road adoptions
  • Traffic management

To report problems on County highways, roads, pavements and footpaths

To report problems on county highways, roads, pavements and footpaths please contact Essex County Council's Highways Department, see...

Basildon Council owned roads, pavements and footpaths

Basildon Council is only responsible for maintenance of

  • street lighting
  • roads
  • pavements
  • footways
  • footpath
  • cycleways

in areas owned by the Council, which include the following:

  • Basildon Town Centre
  • Lake Meadows
  • Parks and open spaces
  • Billericay Cemetery
  • Pitsea Cemetery

To report problems on the roads in any of the above Basildon Council owned areas

See, Street Scene Reporting.

Alternatively, contact StreetCare: 

Powered by GOSS iCM