Report problems on Roads, pavements and footpaths
The Highways Agency is responsible for trunk roads and motorways. Essex County Council is responsible for roads in Basildon Borough, except for a very few roads owned by Basildon Council.
Highways Agency - trunk roads and motorways
The Highways Agency has responsibility for trunk roads and motorways.
To report problems on trunk roads and motorways
To report problems on trunk roads and motorways, please call 0300 123 5000
Essex County Council highways, roads, pavements and footpaths
With few exceptions all transportation and highway services in the Basildon Borough are managed by Essex County Council's Highways and Transportation Service which is responsible for:
- Public roads, pavements, footways, footpaths, cycleways and public rights of way
- Highway retaining walls and walls providing a safety barrier
- Street lighting maintenance and improvements
- Gritting roads and snow clearance
- Permits to plant on highway land
- Vehicle crossings
- Investigating insurance claims
- Issue of builder's skip licences
- Road safety
- Private development and road adoptions
- Traffic management
To report problems on County highways, roads, pavements and footpaths
To report problems on county highways, roads, pavements and footpaths please contact Essex County Council's Highways Department, see...
- Essex County Council - Report a faulty street light
- Essex County Council website - Report a pothole or other highway problem.
Basildon Council owned roads, pavements and footpaths
Basildon Council is only responsible for maintenance of
- street lighting
in areas owned by the Council, which include the following:
- Basildon Town Centre
- Lake Meadows
- Parks and open spaces
- Billericay Cemetery
- Pitsea Cemetery
To report problems on the roads in any of the above Basildon Council owned areas
See, Street Scene Reporting.
Alternatively, contact StreetCare:
- Phone: 01268 533333
- email: email@example.com.