Review Of Polling Districts And Polling Places
Basildon Council are conducting a statutory review of its polling districts and polling places, as required under Section 18 of the Representation of the People Act 1983.
The terms of reference for a review of polling districts and polling places are available to view below.
- Basildon Council - Review of Polling Districts and Polling Places – Terms of Reference - May 2019 (PDF) [128KB] (opens new window)
The purpose of the review is to ensure that:
- All electors in the Borough have such reasonable facilities for voting as are practicable in the circumstances, and
- so far as is reasonable and practicable, the polling places in Basildon Borough are accessible to all electors, including those who are disabled.
The Borough, Town and Parish Ward boundaries are not covered by this review.
- Basildon Council - Notice of Review of Polling Districts, Places and Stations - May 19 (PDF) [107KB] (opens new window)
- Basildon Borough Council - Schedule of Polling Districts and Polling Places - May 2019 (PDF) [51KB] (opens new window)
Basildon Borough Council invite interested parties, political groups and electors to make any comments on any changes to the existing arrangements they wish to be taken into consideration. Representation will also be considered from persons who have particular expertise in relation to access to premises or facilities for persons who have different forms of disability.
Please send your written representations on the above review by 5pm on Friday, 28 June 2019 :
Email to: email@example.com
Post to:Electoral ServicesBasildon Borough CouncilThe Basildon CentreSt. Martin's SquareBasildonEssexSS14 1DL