Planning Enforcement in the Hovefields Avenue / Drive area
Basildon Council is currently engaged in planning enforcement activity regarding several alleged breaches of planning regulations in the Hovefields Avenue / Drive area of Basildon.
The information published here is intended to provide residents and representatives with timely updates on planning enforcement activity in relation to the Hovefields Avenue / Drive area of Basildon. Our aim will be to post public updates within 24 hours (Mondays to Fridays).
Current ongoing enforcement activity
Basildon Council is doing, and will continue to do, all it can within current laws to tackle planning breaches, including serving various notices, directions and pursuing court action where appropriate.
Action is taken on a case-by-case basis, taking into account the specific location and planning history. Council officers will try to take action promptly to encourage compliance at an early stage.
It must be recognised that merely witnessing that further development works have occurred is not enough to commence contempt proceedings, particularly where landowners and occupiers have changed. For instance, new occupiers discovered on site have to be personally served with copies of an injunction for it to be effective against them. Basildon Council has to prove to the court who is responsible and identification evidence can be extremely difficult to gather in these circumstances.
Links to press release bulletins
- Press Release 20 April 2017 - Basildon Council carries out site visit as it investigates reports of further unauthorised development
- Press Release 18 April 2017 - Advisory notice to contractors delivering to Hovefields Avenue/Drive area
- Press Release 12 April 2017 - Five found guilty of contempt as High Court hearing into planning breaches concludes
- Press Release 10 April 2017 - Planning breaches in Hovefields Avenue/Drive area
- Press Release 07 April 2017 - Update from High Court hearing for land west of Hovefields Avenue
- Press Release 05 April 2017 - Update from High Court hearing regarding Silva Lodge Kennels
- Press Release 04 April 2017 - Basildon Council serves court application to secure compliance with injunction at Hovefields
- Press Release 24 March 2017 - Basildon Council leader provides update on unlawful development proceedings
- Press Release 16 March 2017 - Basildon Council carries out further visit to unauthorised traveller site
Further information and enquiries
Interested parties are asked not to contact Basildon Council for further information on this matter, as such individual requests only divert resources away from other operational activities.
Residents' co-operation in this is much appreciated.
Report a breach of planning control
Most successful investigations into breaches of planning control result from information being passed on by members of the public. You can help our officers by reporting incidents of unauthorised development happening within Basildon Borough.
You can report a possible breach of planning control online, by email or in writing. See Report A Possible Breach Of Planning Control for details.