COVID-19 - Coronavirus testing if you have symptoms
Everyone, including children under 5, who is showing symptoms of COVID-19 can book a test. Care home staff and residents with or without symptoms can book a test. Testing should be carried out in the first three days of developing symptoms and not after day five.
The information below only applies if you are showing symptoms. If you do not have any symptoms but require a test, please visit: COVID-19 - Coronavirus testing if you don't have symptoms
Coronavirus testing for members of the public showing COVID-19 symptoms:
- Everyone, including children under 5, who is showing symptoms of COVID-19 can book a test.
- Care home staff and residents with or without symptoms can book a test.
- If you do not have access to the Internet call 119 to book a test.
- Test results should be with you within 48 hours if you visit a test site, or 72 hours if you request a home test kit. If your results do not arrive within this time please call 119.
- Members of the public who book a test at a site need to travel to the centre by car - i.e. not on foot or by public transport.
Book an appointment via GOV.uk
Pre-book a time-slot to a local test site for a COVID-19 test.
- To check for Covid-19 symptoms - see NHS website - Check if you have coronavirus symptoms
- To check your eligibility for a test - see GOV.UK - Coronavirus (COVID-19): getting tested - Who can be tested
- For further information - see NHS England - Coronavirus (COVID-19) information