On 31 October, the government also announced that Basildon Council would receive £3.7m for one-off payments to enable more broad support for businesses. Please read the following guidance before submitting an application online.
Businesses that are eligible
Businesses that are eligible for an Additional Restrictions Grant include, but are not limited to:
- Businesses where business rates are included within rents;
- Businesses in the supply chain for retail, hospitality, leisure, events and accommodation sectors;
- Event and event management businesses.
Eligible businesses must also:
- Be a micro business or small business as defined in Section 33 Part 2 of the Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act 2015 and the Companies Act 2006;
- Have ongoing fixed business-related costs that are unavoidable overheads;
- Demonstrate that they have suffered a significant fall in income due to the COVID-19 crisis;
- Not be eligible for a Local Restrictions Support Grant from the Council (under any scheme) for the same period.
Applications for an Additional Restrictions Grant
Basildon Council has decided the following Additional Restrictions Grant award levels will apply:
- Up to £10,000 in exceptional circumstances where the business has high property costs and the failure of the business would have a significant impact on the residents of the Borough;
- Up to £3,000 where 'small' businesses fit the required criteria;
- Up to £2,000 where 'micro' businesses fit the required criteria;
- Up to £1,000 where 'other' businesses fit the required criteria.
Basildon Council reserves the right to change the grant award levels shown above, depending on the number of applications received.