Training Course - Housing Benefit New Claims (for ACADEMY users)
A 2 day introduction course on assessing applicant eligibility to claim Housing Benefit and Local Council Tax Support and how to process new claims on the ACADEMY revenues and benefits system.
All our training courses are delivered at the customer's premises or at a location of their choosing and at a date and time to suit the organisation's needs and priorities. For many customers this can mean a considerable saving on employee travel expenses and time away from work.
- Course name: Housing Benefit New Claims (for ACADEMY users)
- Who should attend: All staff and managers who will be processing new claims for Housing Benefit and Local Council Tax Support using the ACADEMY revenues and benefits system.
- Duration: 2 Days
- Fees: £400 (No VAT) per day for up to 8 trainees
- Venue: By arrangement at the customer's premises or at a location of their choosing
- Date/time: By arrangement to suit the customer's needs and priorities
- Course Instructor: Alex Eady see details below
Request a call back to arrange a booking
- Request a callback now to discuss your training requirements...>> - We will get in touch as soon as possible.
Course learning objectives
By the end of this course trainees will be able to...
- Demonstrate a good basic understanding of who is eligible claim Housing Benefit
- Use the 'means test' to calculate Benefit
- Demonstrate confidence in their knowledge of the various types of evidence applicants must produce before we can process a claim.
- Input new claim details and set up benefit payments using the ACADEMY revenues and benefits system
- What is the primary Law governing the award of Housing Benefit?
- What does 'liability' mean?
- What does 'occupation' mean?
- What is Local Council Tax Support?
- How to apply for Housing Benefit and Local Council Tax Support using the Victoria Forms module within the ACADEMY revenues and benefits system
- What evidence is required to prove an applicant's entitlement to Housing Benefit?
- What is the Maximum Rent?
- How to calculate Housing Benefit
- The importance of claim dates and start dates
- When can you backdate a Housing Benefit claim?
- To whom are Housing Benefit payments made?
- Processing new claims using the ACADEMY revenues and benefits system.
Alex Eady - Senior Training Officer
Alex joined Basildon Council in 2013. After a short spell in customer services he was recruited into the council's revenues and benefits section, since when he has gone on to become an expert in revenues and benefits law and the Civica Open Revenues system. Alex is known for the ever approachable and patient manner in which he delivers informative, interactive courses which include 'hand's on' experience using the CIVICA system.
Further information and enquiries
- To arrange a course booking please submit an online call back form.
- For further information and other training course enquiries please contact Dave Warrilow, our Senior Training Officer. See contact details below...