Training Course - Council Tax for Customer Contact Staff (for ACADEMY users)
A two day course for staff who deal with Council Tax enquiries from the general public, either face to face or over the phone, using an ACADEMY revenues and benefits system.
All our training courses are delivered at the customer's premises or at a location of their choosing and at a date and time to suit the organisation's needs and priorities. For many customers this can mean a considerable saving on employee travel expenses and time away from work.
- Course name: Council Tax for Customer Contact Staff (for ACADEMY users)
- Who should attend: All staff and managers who deal with Council Tax enquiries from the general public, either face to face or over the phone, using the ACADEMY revenues and benefits system.
- Duration: 2 Days
- Fees: £400 (No VAT) per day for up to 8 trainees
- Venue: By arrangement at the customer's premises or at a location of their choosing
- Date/time: By arrangement to suit the customer's needs and priorities
- Course instructor: Alex Eady see details below
Request a call back to arrange a booking
- Request a callback now to discuss your training requirements...>> - We will get in touch as soon as possible.
Course learning objectives
By the end of this course trainees will be able to...
- Demonstrate an understanding of Council Tax and how it is applied
- Confidently advise customers how Council Tax charges are calculated, taking into account discounts and reductions etc.
- Confidently advise customers of the recovery procedures they will be subject to if Council Tax is not paid, (e.g. final reminders, summonses and liability orders etc.)
- Confidently advise customers on what steps to take and where to apply for support if they can't afford to pay their Council Tax
- Make confident use of the ACADEMY revenues and benefits system to deal with Council Tax enquiries from the general public, either face to face or over the phone
- Council Tax - a basic introduction
- Council Tax property bands
- Council Tax property band appeals to the Valuation Tribunal
- Council Tax property band reductions for disabled persons
- What Council Tax liability means
- What 'occupation' mean in terms of Council Tax
- Council Tax disregards and exemptions and other reductions explained
- Council Tax and empty or unfurnished properties
- How the Council Tax charge is calculated
- The different ways available for customers to pay their Council Tax
- The Council Tax refund process
- How the Council Tax recovery process works
- ACADEMY 'hands on' exercise and practise
Alex Eady - Senior Training Officer
Alex joined Basildon Council in 2013. After a short spell in customer services he was recruited into the council's revenues and benefits section, since when he has gone on to become an expert in revenues and benefits law and the Civica Open Revenues system. Alex is known for the ever approachable and patient manner in which he delivers informative, interactive courses which include 'hand's on' experience using the CIVICA system.
Further information and enquiries
- To arrange a course booking please submit an online call back form.
- For further information and other training course enquiries please contact Dave Warrilow, our Senior Training Officer. See contact details below...