Training Course - Council Tax Discounts, Disregards and Exemptions (for CIVICA users)
A two day course of in-depth instruction on entitlement to Council Tax discounts, disregards and exemptions and by how much they can reduce the amount charged.
All our training courses are delivered at the customer's premises or at a location of their choosing and at a date and time to suit the organisation's needs and priorities. For many customers this can mean a considerable saving on employee travel expenses and time away from work.
- Course name: Council Tax Discounts, Disregards and Exemptions (for CIVICA users)
- Who should attend: All staff and managers who amend Council Tax accounts and send out bills using the CIVICA revenues and benefits system.
- Duration: 2 Days
- Fees: £400 (No VAT) per day for up to 8 trainees
- Venue: By arrangement at the customer's premises or at a location of their choosing
- Date/time: By arrangement to suit the customer's needs and priorities
- Course Instructors: Alex Eady, see details below
Request a call back to arrange a booking
- Request a callback now to discuss your training requirements...>> - We will get in touch as soon as possible.
Course learning objectives
By the end of this course trainees will be able to...
- Demonstrate an understanding of Council Tax disregards, discounts and exemptions and how they are applied
- Demonstrate confidence in their knowledge of the various types of evidence which charge payers must produce in order to prove their entitlement to a Council Tax disregard, discount or exemption
- Make confident use of the CIVICA revenues and benefits system in order to carry out updates, amendments and associated tasks relating to individual Council Tax accounts
- How the Council Tax charge is calculated
- What is a single person discount?
- What does 'occupation' mean?
- What are the reasons for the disregards?
- What are the many and various exemption classes?
- Empty an unfurnished properties
- Disabled Persons Banding Reduction
- The evidence we need to prove entitlement to a disregard, discount or exemption
- CIVICA 'hands on' exercise and practise
Alex Eady - Senior Training Officer
Alex joined Basildon Council in 2013. After a short spell in customer services he was recruited into the council's revenues and benefits section, since when he has gone on to become an expert in revenues and benefits law and the Civica Open Revenues system. Alex is known for the ever approachable and patient manner in which he delivers informative, interactive courses which include 'hand's on' experience using the CIVICA system.
Further information and enquiries
- To arrange a course booking please submit an online call back form.
- For further information and other training course enquiries please contact Dave Warrilow, our Senior Training Officer. See contact details below...