Report a change of circumstances affecting Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction - Working age claimant
SECURITY NOTICE - How to safely answer SMS text messages we send
Basildon Council may send you a text message requesting further information to support your claim. The sender ID will always appear as BasildonCNL. You will never be asked to respond to the text with information.
Where possible we advise that all information is sent to us by using the following online form:
Online form: Contact Us Benefit Form
Have you changed address?
- Please complete the online benefits change of address form.
Has there been a change in your household make up or household income?
We need to know what the change is, the date the change occurred and who in your household it relates to. In order to reassess your entitlement to Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction, we need you to complete two forms:
- Please complete both the online change of circumstance form AND online Council Tax 'report a change' form.
Changes may include;
- someone moving into or out of your household
- a change in the income and capital of anyone living in your household, such as a pay rise or a pay cut.
- a change in the number of people living in your home.
- you or your partner have a child
- your child leaves school
- your rent has increased or decreased (unless you are a council tenant)
- any other changes that might affect your entitlement to benefit, such as stopping or starting work.
You may be issued a penalty of up to £70 if you fail to report a change in your circumstances within one month of the change.
If you or someone in your household has had a change in your self employed earnings or started self employed work:
In order to reassess your entitlement to Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction, we need you to complete two forms: