A UK Withdrawal Agreement and Political Declaration on the future relationship between the UK and EU were endorsed by the European Council. The House of Commons must vote to approve the Withdrawal Agreement and Political Declaration, or an amended version before they can be approved and come into force.

Keeping up to date

  • The Government has published information about the EU Exit including the Article 50 process, negotiations, and announcements about policy changes as a result of EU Exit: GOV.UK - Brexit.
  • In addition, Essex County Council's website provides more specific information about how residents may be affected: Essex County Council - Brexit and you.