Is your business a small or medium enterprise (SME) that would like to dip its toe into export waters but you are worried that the costs may not be totally affordable? - Get Exporting 2 is here to help.
Backed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), and delivered by the Department for International Trade (DiT), Get Exporting 2 is a tailored programme which can provide match funding (50/50) up to £3000 to help you explore your chosen market and find the partners you need to succeed.
Alternatively if your route to market is through your online web presence, the Get Exporting 2 programme can help you to internationalise your website and get your products onto e-commerce platforms in other countries across the world.
What you can expect when you join the Get Exporting 2 programme
- International Trade Advisor support
- Digital online advice on how to market yourself internationally
- One-to-one meetings to discuss individual needs and formulate your international strategy
- Workshops on key sectors and markets
- Meet the Buyer events providing opportunities to develop international sales quickly
- Market research advice.
To be eligible for Get Exporting 2 you must be a small or medium enterprise (SME) and have a strong desire to grow. Places on the programme are limited but if you are accepted, entry is free!
- Design and production and printing of international marketing materials specifically for target markets
- Internationalisation of website, translation, creation of social media profiles, SEO
- Consultancy relating to patents, trademarks or copyright
- Product registration relating to international markets
- International market research (excluding OMIS)
- Consultancy to help develop your export strategy
- Mentoring / consultancy for language and cultural awareness
- Export professional training and language training for target countries
- Costs of travelling to the target country and in-country accommodation
- Travel in market (car hire/taxis/buses etc.)
- Entrance to exhibitions/trade fairs and shipping of any associated products.
- Costs already supported elsewhere through DIT
- Personal items (i.e. magazines, adaptor plugs etc.)
- Gifts, spa costs, entertaining (e.g. client entertaining/bar bills)
- General printing in large quantities
- Creation of a website for 'business as usual' purposes
- Registration of patent, trade mark or copyright for 'business as usual' purposes
- Product registration for 'business as usual' purposes
- On-going membership / renewal of membership to trade body / association or professional accreditation
- Direct costs associated with exporting (e.g. shipping, warehousing, haulage etc.)
- Capital equipment (anything that becomes an asset).
Apply to join the Get Exporting 2 programme
Contact the Get Exporting Customer Service Team:
or contact Basildon Council's Economic Development Team, see contact details bottom of page.
For further information and enquiries