Prevent is one of the four elements of CONTEST, the Government counter terrorism strategy to stop people becoming terrorists or supporting terrorism.
Basildon Borough Council works closely with Essex Police to deliver the Prevent strategy.
The Prevent strategy
- responds to the ideological challenge we face from terrorism and aspects of extremism, and the threat we face from those who promote these views
- provides practical help to prevent people from being drawn into terrorism and ensure they are given appropriate advice and support
- works with a wide range of sectors (including education, criminal justice, faith, charities, online and health) where there are risks of radicalisation that we need to deal with.
Report a concern
Report a concern to the Police Confidential Anti-Terrorism Hotline:
- Online - anonymous online anti-terrorism report
- By phone - 0800 789 321
- Essex Police - PREVENT, a part of Essex Police's counter-terrorist strategy
- GOV.UK - CONTEST, Counter-terrorism strategy
- GOV.UK - Protecting the UK against terrorism
- Let's Talk About It - Working Together to Prevent Terrorism