COVID-19 - Additional Restrictions Grant (discretionary scheme)
A discretionary scheme to help businesses which have had to close, or been able to trade but have been severely affected by the COVID-19 restrictions, regardless of whether they pay business rates. Applications are now closed.
On 21 December 2021, the Government announced further funding would be made available for Local Authorities, through a top-up to the Additional Restrictions Grant. As part of this scheme, Basildon Council has received a fix sum of funding.
Apply for an Additional Restrictions Grant (closed)
Applications closed on Sunday 6 February 2022.
Businesses that are eligible
Businesses that are eligible for an Additional Restrictions Grant include, but are not limited to:
- Businesses where business rates are included within rents
- Businesses must have been trading on or before 30 December 2021
- Businesses in the supply chain for retail, hospitality, leisure, events and accommodation sectors
- Event and event management businesses.
Eligible businesses must also:
- Be a micro business or small business as defined in Section 33 Part 2 of the Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act 2015 and the Companies Act 2006;
- Have ongoing fixed business-related costs that are unavoidable overheads;
- Demonstrate that they have suffered a significant fall in income due to the COVID-19 crisis;
Businesses that are excluded:
- businesses created after 30 December 2021
- businesses in liquidation, dissolved, struck off or subject to a striking-off notice or under notice
- business premises must be occupied as of 30 December 2021, empty premises are not eligible for the grants
- businesses must not have hit the maximum grants subsidy allowances
Basildon Council has decided the following Additional Restrictions Grant award levels will apply:
- Up to £1,125 where 'small' businesses fit the required criteria;
- Up to £750 where 'micro' businesses fit the required criteria;
- Up to £375 where 'other' businesses fit the required criteria.
Basildon Council reserves the right to change the grant award levels shown above, depending on the number of applications received.