Basildon Council operates a special collections service for the disposal of large household items and electrical household goods. Residents are encouraged to reduce, reuse and recycle these goods before considering disposal.
Choose to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
Lighthouse Furniture Project Ltd.
Lighthouse Furniture Project Ltd. are a not for profit charity providing low cost furniture to help people on low incomes. You too can help by donating your reusable furniture.
Do it Online - Book a free Lighthouse Furniture collection here
The Special Collections Service
The special collections service is offered to residents at a low cost to enable safe and responsible disposal of large household items and household electrical goods. We collect a maximum of ten items at one time and we require a minimum of 48 hours to process each booking.
We charge £10.00 for the collection of up to five household items or electrical household goods.
We charge £20.00 for the collection of six to ten household items or electrical household goods.
Book a Special Collection
|Items Collected||Items not collected|
We collect large household goods such as sofas, wardrobes, tables and chairs. We also collect electrical household appliances including cookers, fridges, freezers, and TV's.
We do not collect bathroom suites, fitted kitchens, building waste, paint, Internal/External doors or central heating systems.
For information on where you can dispose of the items we do not collect visit Recycle for Essex or call them on 0845 603 7625.
Items are collected from your usual recycling collection point (where you place your black and pink sacks) on the same day as your rubbish collection unless otherwise agreed in advance.
Our special collections form is currently unavailable
Please call 01268 533333 (option 1) to book a special collection
Terms and Conditions
- Price: £10 for up to five items and £20 for six to ten items
- We accept a maximum of up to ten items per collection
- Payments must be made using a debit or credit card using our secure payment service
- There is a 1.5% charge for credit card payments
- Special collections are subject to availability. We endeavour to collect on your next collection day but this might not always be possible.
- Large items left outside your property which are not booked in as special collections will not be collected.
- Special collections are only accepted from residential property addresses within the borough.
- If you are looking to dispose of very large or potentially dangerous items, please indicate this on the form when making your booking so that we can ensure the appropriate equipment and staff are in place.
Refunds cannot be issued once a booking has been made