Property Solutions - Incentives And Opportunities For Landlords
Basildon Council have launched Property Solutions, a new private sector landlord incentive scheme, and are looking for properties to rent on assured shorthold tenancies within the borough and its surrounding areas.
Do you have a property to let?
Property Solutions is Basildon Council's new private sector landlord incentive scheme. It has been set up to help private landlords and agents find suitable tenants to rent their properties quickly and easily.
Property Solutions is aimed at landlords with properties to rent on assured shorthold tenancies within the borough and its surrounding areas.
If you are a landlord with accommodation for rent and would like to explore the possibility of working with Basildon Council we would like to hear from you, please have a look at our brochure.
Why choose Property Solutions?
We understand that your property is your investment. With an emphasis on sustainable tenancies and a track record of successfully creating, supporting and sustaining in the region of 11,000 social tenancies, we are delighted to offer you the security of working with an experienced organisation that has a commitment to creating opportunity and getting the basics right.
We can offer you a choice of two free options;
- An incentive payment of £1000 for a 12 month tenancy or £1500 for a 24 month tenancy
- One month's rent in advance
- A deposit bond to cover damages equal to one month rent
- If our tenant has left your property, Basildon Borough Council will guarantee your rent for a maximum of two weeks or until we find you an alternative tenant (whichever is the lesser).
- A damage deposit bond equal to the value of six weeks' rent to safeguard against the cost of repairs that may be needed if the tenant causes any damage beyond what would be deemed as fair wear and tear.
- A bond equal to three months' rent to cover any rent arrears.
- One month's rent in advance.
- If the tenant leaves your property without giving the appropriate notice we will also guarantee the rent for a maximum of two weeks, or until we find you an alternative tenant (whichever is the less).
The bond will cover the initial length of the fixed term and will be reviewed in line with future tenancy agreements issued.
** Please be aware that we will not act as a managing agent for the property. The Tenancy Agreement will be between the landlord/agent and the tenant. Landlords are expected to either manage the tenant and the property themselves or appoint a suitable managing agent. However, a dedicated officer will be available to assist and offer advice and support throughout the life of the tenant where required in order to ensure its success**.
If you are specifically interested in the Property Solutions offer and wish to make an application, please complete and return the following Application Pack. You will find the return address included in the Application Pack.
The guidance booklet below provides more information and support for you, the landlord, to manage and maintain your property
Enquiries and further information
For enquiries and requests for further information, see contact details below or join us at our Landlord Forum on Thursday 15 December, The Green Centre, Wat Tyler Country Park, SS16 4UH, from 5pm for more information on the scheme.