Business Rates - Charity Relief Review
Basildon Council regularly undertakes a review of all Mandatory and/or Discretionary Business Rates Relief made to charitable organisations.
We previously advised that the next review of all Mandatory and/or Discretionary Business Rates Relief made to charitable organisations would take place in 2018 however, we have now decided to bring this review date forward in order to be ready for the Revaluation of Business Assessments which will commence on 1st April 2017.
If you receive a Business Rates Charity Relief review letter
If our records show that you are a charitable organisation receiving Mandatory and/or Discretionary Business Rates Relief then you will receive a letter asking you to complete a revised application form for Mandatory and/or Discretionary Business Rates Relief.
Complete a revised application for Mandatory or Discretionary Business Rates Relief online
REVISED CLOSING DATE FOR COMPLETION AND RETURN OF NNDR CHARITY REVIEW FORMS - CLOSING DATE IS NOW FRIDAY 13TH JANUARY 2017
Should you receive a Business Rates Charity Relief review letter asking you to complete revised application for Mandatory and/or Discretionary Business Rates Relief, you can do this online now, see:
- Apply online for Mandatory / Discretionary Rate Relief for Charitable and other Non-profit Making Organisations
Alternatively you can complete and return your application by post. A copy of the application form is included in your Business Rates Charity Relief review letter. A copy of the application form is also available here, see:
- NNDR Business Rates Mandatory and Discretionary Relief application form [213kb] - Adobe Acrobat format. Print the application form then complete by hand and return to us by post.
IMPORTANT - The above form should only to be completed if you have received a Business Rates Charity Relief review letter from Basildon Council.
Documents you will be asked to send us in support of your application
You will be expected to supply copies of the following documents in support of your application:
- A charity registration certificate from the charity commissioners
- A Community Amateur Sports Club certificate or academy documentation
- A copy of the audited accounts and balance sheet for the last two years
- Any other information, which you wish to submit in support of your application for example: copies of your constitution or rules of the organisation.
Copies of the above documents can be sent to us by email to email@example.com
or by post, enclosed with your written application, to:Basildon Borough CouncilNon-Domestic Rates SectionBasildon Centre, St Martins SquareBasildonSS14 1BY.