Basildon Borough Youth Council (BBYC)
Basildon Borough Youth Council (BBYC) - the voice of youth that tackles the important issues affecting young people in Basildon Borough.
Basildon Borough Youth Council (BBYC) - we're an independent group of interested young people between the ages of 11 and 19 who meet fortnightly to examine the issues that affect young people living in the borough.
The Youth Council is supported by Basildon Borough Council and Essex County Council who each provide administrative services, funding for youth projects and advice on how to successfully engage and deal with external agencies and officials.
Regular meetings with Basildon and County Council officers, service providers and other young people has enabled the Youth Council to convey the views of Basildon's young people to the authorities, on local issues affecting:
- Publicising of youth activities
- Policing and Community Safety
- Jobs for young people
- Sexual, emotional, physical and mental health
Recent activities and achievements
- Recruitment of new members
- Work on a Mental Health Project, funded by O2 "Think Big"
- Term newsletters
- Winners of the Diana "Anti-Bullying Champions" Award 2015
- Winners of the "Team Volunteering" award at Basildon Councils 2015 Volunteer Awards
BBYC 2016/17 Programme
The BBYC 2016/17 Programme will include:
- Membership of the Youth Essex Assembly (YEA)
- Our mental health project - "Lifting the Lid" - With Signals Media.
- Jack Petchey Achievement Award scheme
- Fundraising for a local mental health charity
- Networking with other youth councils across Essex
Want to join us? Want to make a difference? - We're committed to championing youth democracy and campaigning on the important issues affecting young people.
Membership is open to any young person between the age of 11 and 19 who either lives, works or attends school or college in Basildon Borough.
Complete the application form below, send it to the Support Officer at Basildon Council and we'll get back to you within 14 days.
For further information please contact the BBYC Support Officer at Basildon Council, email firstname.lastname@example.org.