International Business Support - Projects and Successes
Basildon Council's Economic Development Team has a continuous involvement in various international business development projects.
Since 2010 Basildon Council has been involved in various international business development projects involving local SMEs through various engagements such as:-
- Hosting high level trade delegations for SMEs in Basildon
- Conferences, meetings, factory visits hosted for and with foreign ministers, business leaders, trade associations in Basildon
- Trade delegations, conferences-key note addresses
- Participation at 'Buyer to Buyer' meetings
- Development and delivery of specialist workshops
- Seventy overseas businesses engaged with so far, including inward investment
- Forty five local companies engaged with so far.
To summarise; over the past year, by engaging in the above activities, Basildon Council has been able to contribute towards the following:-
- creation of 10 local jobs
- safeguarding another 14 jobs
- £5 million in revenue generated between the companies which participated in various trade delegations and projects.
Would you like to know more? - Request a callback from Basildon Council's Economic Development Team or contact us, see details below.