Read our Customer Charter to find out more about our commitment to putting the customer first. You can also find out about how you can help the council improve service delivery.
We are pleased to be able to introduce you to Basildon Councils latest Customer Charter [1Mb].
Putting the Customer First
The charter demonstrates our continued commitment to putting the customer first.
As an organisation we will;
- Always be helpful, courteous and respectful.
- Listen to you and always respond to your enquiry accurately, clearly and fairly.
- Use plain and correct English when we write to you or speak to you.
- Provide full contact details for all services in easily accessed documents when we contact you.
- Explain our decisions clearly if we cannot meet your expectations.
- Respect your confidentiality at all times, and look after information you give us and treat it as required by the Data Protection Act.
- Offer accessibility to our services for everyone.
- Provide staff with the training they need to be able to give you accurate advice and information in order to give the best customer care.
- Answer all your questions. If we can't do so straight away we will tell you who can and refer the details to them.
- Share relevant details with other departments within the Council to improve service delivery
- Arrange for a signer to attend an interview if this will help you.
- Use and develop technology to improve direct customer access to information.
What to expect?
You can expect us to deliver our services in accordance to our service standards and in line with our core principles.
We are committed to improving and adapting our services and ensuring we are sufficiently agile to meet the changing demands of our customers.
Our Promise to You
Service Feedback: We welcome feedback through our Comments, Compliments and Complaints channels.
Contacting Us: With most our services available online, service accessibility is broader than ever.
Service Standards: We have service specific standards to ensure you get a good customer experience.
Partnership Working: We work with our partners (including local businesses and public service providers) to deliver the best outcomes for our borough and its residents.
Basildon Council is committed to providing continuous service improvements.
You can contribute to our improvements by:
- Making use of our online services to reduce the overall costs of service delivery. It is usually the quickest and easiest way to access our products and services and is available to you 24 hours a day, everyday. You can use our website to find information, pay a bill, request a service and more.
- Making an online payment or by using our automated payment line (see Phone Us - Payments) for a simple and secure transaction.
- When visiting us, please ensure you bring all relevant documentation to ensure that your query could be dealt with in full. You can find a detailed list of supporting documents accepted by Basildon Council.
- Keep us up to date with any changes that may affect the services we provide for instance your contact details or other changes relating to benefits and council tax. You can update your details by filling in the relevant online form.
- Treat our staff and other customers with courtesy and respect. All incidents are recorded and will be visible against your council record.
These small contributions will help us deliver quicker transactions and provide a seamless end to end customer experience.
Help us get it right
Your feedback is important to us. We use it to shape the future of our services.
You can leave feedback about our website by clicking 'was this page helpful' located at the bottom of each webpage.
We also welcome all customers to have their say about our service delivery or standard of customer care through our comments, compliments and complaints form which enables us to capture your opinions and expectations and tailor our services accordingly.