Support and Advice - Economic Development Team
Basildon Council's Economic Development Team is dedicated to supporting businesses already located here, as well as those thinking of locating within the borough.
The Support Lifecycle: Helping businesses at every stage of the journey...
Perhaps you are an established business looking to set up in a new field, or a local resident who's interested in taking forward a business idea. Basildon Council can connect you to partners such as the Basildon and District Local Enterprise Agency that can help bring these ideas to life.
Whether it's looking for the right property or understanding the permits and licenses you require, the team can connect you to the right people in the council to help your business get off the ground.
If you have an innovative idea and need advice and support on everything from funding to patents, the council can connect you to partners at Essex County Council and organisations such as the Manufacturing Advisory Service, we can connect you to the right advice to ensure your innovation gets off the ground.
Keep up-to-date with legislation and equip yourself with the tools you need to keep your business performing well through the Council's regular updates and business events that are FREE to Basildon businesses.
- Quarterly business breakfasts, regularly attended by over 100 businesses
- Free workshops on a range of themes from Marketing to Procurement
- Annual Enterprise Event, a day of business support events all under one roof
- 'Meet the Buyers' event which bring brings large 'buyers' from across the South East to Basildon to meet with local businesses and suppliers that offer the products and services they need
- Green Business Advice, provided for free by Basildon Council's Green Business Forum helps local companies to use environmental initiatives to lower their operating costs.
If you want to expand your business, we can help you find the right premises, connections, and solutions to help you grow with us by connecting you to Council's Planning Services department to help guide you through the planning process as well as connecting you to local commercial land agents. The council can also connect you to local training providers giving you easy access to the training and development programmes you need.
We recognise that things do not always work out as planned and the world of business presents tremendous challenges. Basildon Council is on hand to support your company by connecting you through to partner organisations who can find the best solution for you.
Download our "Creating Opportunity" Booklet [4Mb] for businesses located in, or thinking of locating in Basildon, includes...
- A welcome from the Leader of Basildon Council and the Chief Executive
- Why Basildon is ideally positioned to cater to markets in London, the South East of England, Europe and further afield
- Regeneration plans for Basildon town centre; A modern environment for modern times
- Business support initiatives - how the Council can help businesses at every stage of their journey
- Creating international opportunities
- Case studies - major firms' experiences of doing business in Basildon.
Would you like to know more? - Request a callback from Basildon Council's Economic Development Team or contact us, see details below.