Basildon For Business - a 1st class location just 30 miles from London
Basildon is a major business hub in Essex and the second largest economy along the river Thames after Canary Wharf. Home to businesses employing some 77,000 people.
Basildon borough is the ideal location for both UK and overseas companies seeking to invest in business. Basildon is an exceptional location that offers easy access to nearby London, as well as the rest of SE England and Europe, whilst costs can be just a fraction of those charged in London. Take a look at some of the reasons why so many international businesses have located in Basildon.
Great road and rail links, easy access to nearby airports and a new deep-sea container port
- Easy access to the M25 motorway network
- 30 miles to London by road
- 30 minutes to London by train
- 40 minutes to London Stansted and London City Airports by road
- 20 minutes to London Southend Airport by road
- Only 4 miles from DP World's London Gateway Port (UK's newest deep-sea container port combined with Europe's largest logistics park).
Strong heritage and cluster for advanced manufacturing and engineering
Basildon is home to internationally renowned and highly successful advanced manufacturing and engineering companies including:
- Ford Motor Company Ltd
- New Holland Agriculture
- Honeywell/MK Electric
- Gardner Aerospace
- Konica Minolta.
Major financial and retail sector businesses
- First Data, International Financial Data Services (IFDS)
- PMS International, UK wholesale importer and distributor of consumer products to the retail trade market.
The commercial hub of South Essex
In total there are over 6500 VAT registered business enterprises trading in Basildon Borough. Together they form a major business hub in South Essex and the second largest economy along the river Thames after Canary Wharf.
Three multi-million pound town centre regeneration schemes
There are currently no less than three multi-million pound regeneration programmes underway to redevelop three of the the borough's town centres. When completed this regeneration programme will ensure each town centre continues to be a vibrant and modern place to live and work long into the 21st century.
An ambitious and proactive local council
A good location with excellent transport links can only take a business so far, which is why Basildon Council proactively engages with the local business community to ensure it has the support it needs to thrive in this fast changing economic environment.
The council's Economic Development team is dedicated to supporting businesses already located here, as well as those thinking of locating within the borough.
Download our "Creating Opportunity" Booklet [4Mb] for businesses located in, or thinking of locating in Basildon, includes...
- A welcome from the Leader of Basildon Council and the Chief Executive
- Why Basildon is ideally positioned to cater to markets in London, the South East of England, Europe and further afield
- Regeneration plans for Basildon town centre; A modern environment for modern times
- Business support initiatives - how the Council can help businesses at every stage of their journey
- Creating international opportunities
- Case studies - major firms' experiences of doing business in Basildon.
Would you like to know more? - Request a callback from Basildon Council's Economic Development Team or contact us, see details below.