How to submit comments on a Planning Application
Registered users can submit their comments objecting to, or in support of, a planning application.
Each year Basildon Council sends out over 6,000 letters to the residents of properties close to sites which are the subject of planning applications.
These letters inform residents that any such planning application can be viewed on-line using our e-Planning pages or at the Council Offices.
Commenting on a Planning Application
Comments are invited either objecting to, or in support of, a planning application.
Comments on a planning application can be submitted...
- online using the e-planning system
- by email
- by letter
Submitting comments using e-planning
To submit comments online, go to the e-Planning pages and proceed as follows:
- Register as a user - Should you wish to make a comment about a particular Planning Application you need to be registered as a user of the e-planning system. Registration is free and takes just a few moments.
- Login to the e-planning system
- Search for the Planning Application you are interested in
- When you have found the Planning Application you are interested in, go to the "Comments" section to submit your comments.
Registered users can monitor receipt of their comments and the progress of the application within the e-planning system.
Acknowledgement of comments submitted on a Planning Application
- Comments on planning applications made online using the e-planning system will be acknowledged within one day of receipt.
- Comments made by letter or email will not be acknowledged.
Notification of committee meeting dates and the Planning Application decision
- Correspondents who have submitted comments on a particular Planning Application by letter, will be informed by letter of any committee meeting dates at which the Planning Application is to be discussed and also of the Council's decision to approve or reject the Planning Application.
- Correspondents who have submitted comments on a particular Planning Application, either by email or on-line using the e-planning system, will be informed by e-mail of any committee meeting dates at which the Planning Application is to be discussed and also of the Council's decision to approve or reject the Planning Application.