Working in partnership with other organisations, Basildon Council aims to ensure that its housing estates are a pleasant environment for all residents.
Basildon Council will:...
- Carry out inspections carefully, making sure that notes are made of all items and that these are passed to the service or contractor responsible
- Make sure we tell the appropriate contractor if they have failed to do something
- Make sure that the estate inspection form is completed fully and correctly
- Make a record if it is not possible or practical to carry out works and the reason why
- Make sure that copies of estate inspections are available to see at your local area housing office
- Make sure that our area housing staff have access to relevant contract or service agreement information and that they are aware of procedures to follow
- Meet regularly with our contractors to discuss and put right any problems
- Make sure that we train staff on computer systems used to report and monitor any issues raised during estate inspections.
To ensure we maintain these standards, we will be carrying out regular estate inspections.
The following timetable will tell you when we will be inspecting your area.