The Anti-social Behaviour Team
Basildon Council has established a specialist team to deal with cases of anti-social behaviour.
Anyone can be a victim of anti-social behaviour or suffer the effects of it, regardless of whether they are a council tenant or not.
Our Anti-social Behaviour Team recognise this and will work with Essex Police and other registered social landlords to resolve anti-social behaviour problems, not only for our own tenants but also for local homeowners, leaseholders and the tenants of other landlords.
The key aims of the Anti-social Behaviour Team are:
- To provide advice and lead on cases of anti-social behaviour
- To continually improve the Anti-social Behaviour service
- To promote good practice
- To ensure customer involvement
- To provide customer reassurance
- To develop employee knowledge and skills
- To meet and maintain the Respect Standard for Housing Management
Our procedures for tackling Anti-social Behaviour include:
- Prevention wherever possible
- Early action to stop anti-social behaviour as quickly as possible
- Support for victims and witnesses
- Support, where appropriate for perpetrators to address the causes of Anti-social Behaviour and prevent further damage to the community
- Taking action against individuals who continue to break the rules and do not comply with warnings
- Effective communication to let people know what action is being taken and why