The Landlord Forums are open to all private landlords and agents in the borough and its surrounding areas.
Basildon Council's Housing Options Service facilitates a periodic Landlord Forum. The Landlord Forum is an ideal opportunity for landlords and anyone interested in letting a property in the borough to...
- share experiences
- meet with council officers from Housing Services, Environmental Health Services and the Housing Benefits Team
- find out about our new 'Property Solutions' package
- learn about the role Basildon Council can play in support of the private rented sector.
Forums include talks and guest speakers on a variety of relevant subjects with opportunities to ask questions and discuss issues affecting the borough's landlords.
Basildon Council wants to see best possible use made of all available housing throughout the borough and is keen to promote and increase the the use of empty private homes as rented accommodation.
The Forum also seeks to promote good practice by spreading awareness of landlord's legal obligations, increasing awareness of changes in legislation and allowing the Council to consult with landlords on new policies/ideas.
Landlord Forum meeting dates:
The details of the next Landlord Forum are as follows:
- Date: 15th June 2017
- Time: 5:00pm
- Location: The Green Centre, Wat Tyler Park
If you have any ideas about items for discussion, and/or information you would like us to include in future forums, please contact us so that we can best meet your needs and interests in upcoming events, see contact details below.
Minutes of previous Landlord Forums
On the 15th December 2016 Basildon Councils Landlord Forum took place once again. Please find the minutes and presentations of the forum below.
- Landlord Forum Minutes - December 2016 [98kb]
- Gabelle - Property Tax Update - December 2016 [2Mb]
- NLA - News and Legislative Update - December 2016 [333kb]
On the 15th July 2016 our Landlord Forum took place. Please find below the minutes of the forum, as well as the presentations.
- Landlord Forum Minutes - July 2016 [78kb]
- Property Solutions Update - July 2016 [668kb]
- Top 5 Mistakes by Landlords - July 2016 [56kb]
- News and Legislative Update - July 2016 [161kb]
If you attended a forum and would like to give your feedback so that they may be improved in the future, please fill out the form below and send it to the contact listed within.
Join our mailing list
The Temporary Accommodation and Private Sector Lettings Team are dedicated to keeping an up to date list of landlord and agent contacts. If you would like to join our Landlords Forum mailing list please contact us, see contact details below.