Apply for Building Regulations Approval - Full Plans Submission
For a Full Plans Submission application, full plans need to be drawn up showing all constructional details, preferably well in advance of your intended commencement on site.
The most widely used building control application procedure is the deposit of 'Full Plans' where the person wishing to carry out building work, or their agent, submits plans showing full details of the planned building works, preferably well in advance of the intended commencement of work on site.
The Building Control Team will check your plans for compliance with the Building Regulations and consult appropriate authorities (such as fire and water authorities ). If the plans are found to meet the requirements of the Building Regulations we will issue an Approval Notice. The Approval Notice is the applicant's proof that the plans meet the requirements of the Building Regulations. Work on site can then be carried out in accordance with those plans.
Building work will normally be inspected as it proceeds on site, see Notifications To and Inspections by Building Control Officers.
If the Building Control Team are not satisfied with an applicant's plans, the applicant may be asked to make amendments to the plans or to provide more details. Alternatively, a conditional approval may be issued if requested, or if the applicant consents to a conditional approval being issued.
If an Full Plans application is rejected, the reason(s) will be stated on the rejection notice.
The advantages of using the Full Plans procedure
- You will receive a formal decision after your Full Plans Application has been checked.
- The Approval Notice you will receive from us when your building plans have been approved can be presented to financial institutions, solicitors, surveyors etc., when seeking loans or moving home.
- You have the assurance that providing your building work has been carried out in accordance with the approved plans, the work will satisfy the building regulations requirements.
Full Plans application form and list of fees
- Basildon Building Control - Building Regulations Approval - Full Plans Submission Application Form - April 2016 [46kb]
- Basildon Building Control - Building Regulations Approval - Full Plans Submission Application Form - April 2016 [480kb]
- Building Control Fees and Notes - April 2017 [426kb]
Completed forms and any other documentation should be returned:
By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org - Include attachments of your completed application and supporting plans etc. Please include a phone number if you would like us to contact you for payment of Building Control fees by phone.
By post to:Building Control ServicesBasildon CouncilThe Basildon CentreSt Martin's SquareBasildon, EssexSS14 1DL